Monday, February 9, 2009

PLAYER PROFILE: MONIQUE RIVERS - 2013


We are extremely happy to promote this young lady. Monique is an explosive player that can make an impact on any team both offensively and defensively. Monique plays much taller than her height might indicate, she is a high flyer and scores with authority. Obviously she has more growing to do and seeing that she is only in 8th grade chances are probable that she will become a bigger and stronger player.

The reason that we are excited to promote Monique is that she is a tenacious defender, her defensive game is very similar to UM's Cassie Loessberg. We feel that her defense is very close to what is needed at the next level and she still has four (4) more years to develop. In addition she is a good and respectable young lady she has all the traits to make her a great team-mate and friend.

We recently sat down with Monique and asked her a few questions on Volleyball and her work-out regimen.

SFVR: How would you describe yourself?
RIVERS: As a player and a person, definitely determined and concentrated on the sport, but I love to have fun once we are done winning.

SFVR: We've heard you have quite a training regimen?
RIVERS: Yep, I work-out almost everyday. I jog, use plyometric boxes, agility ladders, jump rope, medicine balls and trampoline all to help me with endurance, balance and strength.

SFVR: Are there any other sports you enjoy?
RIVERS: Yes, I love beach volleyball, soccer, swimming, badminton, football and softball.

SFVR: Do you have any favorite NCAA players?
RIVERS: Yes, Lane Cairico from the University of Miami- I love her because I think she is awesome, she plays all around like me, has great serves and she is an example of how good I want to be when I am a college freshman like her.

SFVR: Do you have any comments to the parents of young players?
RIVERS:Sure, give as much support as you can, but do not pressure your child.

SFVR: Why do you want to play volleyball collegiality?
Rivers: I want to play volleyball collegiality because I love the sport so much that I want to do it for as long as I possibly can. I want to achieve the highest level of play possible and I want to be surrounded by people who love this sport as much as I do.

SFVR: What does the word coachable mean to you?
Rivers: I think being coachable is when you listen and learn from your coach and don’t have an attitude about it because nobody wants a player who isn’t coachable. Plus what you learn, apply it; it’s not just in one ear and out the other. I think that I am coachable because I do listen to my coach and apply it when I play.

SFVR:What are a few things that you have learned from your coaches?
RIVERS: Mental toughness, physical toughness, dedication, and do everything with excitement, even if it is just shagging volleyballs.

PLAYER PROFILE:
MONIQUE RIVERS
POSITION: OH/Middle Back
HT: 5'7" WT: 118
8TH GRADE SCHOOL: PRINCETON CHRISTIAN
P.O. BOX 924916, Princeton, FL. 33032
AD: Kevin Corum
Last Measured Approach: 104"
Block Reach: 100"
Standing Reach: 85"
Wing Span: 65"






COACHES COMMENTS:
Camilo Gaitan VPA Director - I’ve been working with Monique Rivers for the past 18 months and it has been a pleasure coaching her. Monique is a hard working dedicated young lady. She always comes in ready to learn and to practice hard. Monique has picked up the game of volleyball very quick and will continue to improve every day.

Charlyn Ball-LLovera, VPA 15's Coach / Sunset Sr. High - Monique is a very talented young lady. She is definitely someone to keep an eye out for as she gets older. Monique is a coaches dream come true, she is what we call a coachable player. She always gives 100%, always eager to learn, always aggressive, she listens and applies what has been taught.

Awards & Recognition:
* 2008 USAV High Performance Florida Region - Selected Training Camp
* No. 2 on Top 10 Futures from the South Florida Volleyball Report
* 2008 Varsity School Team Co-Captain
* 2008 Mentioned in the Miami Herald (3-times)
* VPA 13 - Co-Captain
* 2007 JV School Team Captain
* 2006 Elementary School Team Captain

GPA: 3.5 Member of Junior Honor Society
Major to be Studied: Undecided
She has not yet registered with the NCAA Clearinghouse but will do so in 9th grade.

ATTN: COACHES - WRITE US FOR MONIQUE RIVERS CONTACT INFO, TRANSCRIPTS AND REFERENCES.
CONTACT US AT: volleyballreport@gmail.com

Monique - "Keep Working Hard and Having Fun".

No comments:

Post a Comment